1. Read at least two books per month. (But only one in August, since it's half over)
FAILED!! I've read a couple of books this year, but not even close to two books a month! The ones I remember specifically are The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks and Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth (which I LOVED)
2. Put at least $50 per month into savings, just because.
FAILED!!! I saved $20 per month though, which is better than nothing!!
3. Travel to eight states outside of Georgia. (States I've been to before count toward this)
In September 2012 I took a road trip to Minnesota. The drive there and back included time in Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Iowa, and Illinois. Plus, while I was there I went to Wisconsin for a day trip. I've also traveled to Florida a few times over the last year.
4. Try at least one new recipe a week.
FAILED! I am too much a creature of habit, I suppose. Besides, I'd much rather bake than cook!
5. Blog at least twice per week.
6. Take a girl's weekend with my mom and my cousins.
FAILED! We had tried to make this an annual trip but this year it didn't work out for us to do it. We are headed to the beach in a few weeks though, with a few other family members in tow!
7. Take a girl's weekend with my RFFL.
FAILED! But we did spend plenty of quality time together, of course!
8. Reach 100 followers on my blog.
FAILED! But I suppose that would require me to blog!!
9. Host a giveaway on my blog.
In October 2012, I hosted a Shutterfly giveaway on this here blog! I was super excited to give away a credit to Shutterfly!
10. Meet two blog buddies in real life.
HALF DONE! In September 2012, I had a blate with my BBFF (blog BFF) Meagan! She is now one of my dearest friends and we're hoping to hang out again this fall, this time she'll come to Georgia!!
11. Have family pictures made with my mom, stepdad, my stepbrothers, and their families.
FAILED! We really need to make this happen and I'm hoping my blog friend LC will take the pics!
12. Pay off all of my credit cards (I'm very close to doing this or I wouldn't even be mentioning it!)
FAILED! Although I am *this* close to paying off my card with the highest balance! Go me!
13. Go camping
|Taken at the Devil's Courthouse on the BRP before we hiked to the top!|
14. Take a spontaneous road trip
FAILED! I have to get better about doing random fun things from time to time!
15. Mail a letter to my grandmother once per month.
FAILED! I am granddaughter of the year material, guys! Though now that she's my last remaining grandparent, I really should get on this!!
16. Visit my grandmother in Indiana
FAILED! But I am planning a trip for sometime in the early winter, before the Northern Indiana snow sets in!
17. Travel to an out-of-state conference/training for work
FAILED! BUT- I did get approved to go to a conference in Ohio this September. I just decided against it as I got more and more things put on my plate.
18. Complete 2 Pinterest inspired crafts/DIY projects
FAILED! I'm better with Pinterest menus than crafts. I did a ton of Pinterest recipes, especially for baked stuff!
19. Lose 35 pounds (I'd prefer more but this seems like a safe goal)
DONE! Since October 2012, I've lost 45lbs with Weight Watchers and hard work! I wish I had a before/after picture but I don't. Maybe I'll do that once I hit 50lbs lost!
20. Spruce up my resume
DONE! I was forced to do this for a grant at work, which worked in my favor as far as this list is concerned!
21. Stop biting my nails
FAILED! And seriously...I may never accomplish this. It's a hard habit to break!
22. Make one new meaningful in real life friendship
See # 10
23. Walk at least 10 miles per month (this does not include day-to-day walking)
FAILED! Though my physical activity has definitely increased infinitely since this time last year!
24. Spend a weekend with just my mom and I
FAILED! We did this in June, a few weeks after my 30th. So done but not in time for my 30th!
25. Volunteer 8 hours with a non-profit other than the one I work for
FAILED! I really need to make this happen! Giving back is so fulfilling for me.
26. Do a random act of kindness
DONE! I baked cookies and randomly mailed them to friends who were going through a tough time!
27. Go to a concert
DONE! A choir concert totally counts because I say it does! In May 2013, I said goodbye to my high school choir director at his final concert as a high school conductor. He's now moved on the Arizona State University and I couldn't be prouder of him!
28. Go to two fine arts events (plays, symphonies, choral concerts, etc)
DONE! I went to a taping of A Grand Mercer Christmas just before Thanksgiving and then I went to a performance of Lessons & Carols, also at Mercer University. I can't wait to see my Alma Mater on PBS stations this Christmas season!
29. Take a practice LSAT (or the real LSAT if I get up the nerve)
FAILED! I just ran out of time and motivation!
30. Buy a "big girl" TV. (a flat screen bigger than 40 inches)
FAILED! But I've recently taken on a part-time job so I'm hoping to do this soon!
So as you can see, I'm a terrible blogger and a terrible list-doer. But it was fun trying!!